Thursday, July 3, 2008

My issues


I'm having a hard time with the dairy right now. My body doesn't digest lactose properly. I've ignored the problem for years. Okay. I've ignored it for a decade. I had to go lactose free when I was nursing Timmy, but I could still handle some cheeses and he would be okay. I'm having issues with all dairy right now. I'm really bummed about it. I really just want a bowl of cereal with ice cold milk. The supplements don't really help and the lactose free stuff doesn't taste right.


I'll figure it out. I just needed to get that out. I feel better now. At least I do like soy milk -- sort of. It's good in smoothies.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sorry that you're having issues! I love milk and can't imagine not being able to have any. Having said that, have you tried rice milk? I had some once and it was actually pretty good. It wasn't as "thick" as soy milk seemed to be and was a tiny bit sweet. Good luck figuring it all out!

Julie said...

Oh I totally forgot about that, Kara! That really stinks! You should try the rice milk, like Sandra suggested, if you haven't. I had a sample once at costco and it was actually pretty good. :)
Hope you get feeling better!