Monday, March 24, 2008

Let the Challenge Begin!

I set out to find some friends to join me for a fitness challenge - an idea that was not originally my own, but tweaked to my own needs/challenges/vices. The response was overwhelming - one whole person - probably the best friend that I have, Kara. So, for now, it's me and Kara, but the door is still open and we would love to have Team Julie and Team Kara trying to kick each others' bums! So, if you're interested in joining, let us know - there's plenty of room on board!

Here's the gist of the challenge that we're doing. Points are calculated accordingly below and whoever has the most points by June 19th (the last day of spring - this is the Spring Challenge, but I'm determined to keep this up until I'm where I should be) wins a gift card to Bath & Body Works (*note - the non-winners will be purchasing the gift card.

30 minutes of cardio = 1 point
20 minutes of toning = 1 point
5 minutes additional workout time = .5 point/5 minutes
5 servings of fruits and/or vegetables = 1 point
Eat Breakfast = 1 point
No Soda = 1 point
7 hours of sleep = 1 point
Take a multivitamin = 1 point
Drink 64 oz of water = 1 point
Stop eating at 7:30 p.m. = 1 point
No Sugar = 1 point
3 servings of dairy = 1 point
No fried food = 1 point
Eat only when hungry = 1 point
30 minutes of scripture study (to help us be spiritually fit) = 1 point
At the end of each week 2 points will be awarded for each pound lost

Sundays are off - no points, no worries. :)

No comments: