Sunday, March 30, 2008

Victory!

I haven't been able to get any pounds to drop for, oh, forever. Well, I lost 5 pounds, baby! I stepped on the scale, expecting it to pass that marker that I HATE so much, and it didn't. I sat there for a minute, trying to focus on the numbers and was in absolute awe. FIVE POUNDS! Whoo Hoo!! I almost started jumping and screaming, but I was in my in-laws' bathroom and I don't think it would have gone over well.
I haven't had this kind of success in ages and I'm pretty positive that it was due to wiping all of my vices out of my lifestyle. Hope you guys are having the same successes!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Congratulations Julie! I'm going to weigh in tonight after I get off work. I can't wait to see the results.

:)

Sandra said...

Awesome job Julie! That's all, just wow! And I don't think the in laws would have minded you jumping up and down and screaming after they found out why.

Julie said...

I think it has something to do with the stark change in lifestyle - particularly the lack of sugar throughout the week, which is my biggest vice EVER!
Something similar happened when I started weight watchers. It was like boom, boom, boom.. dropped a lot really fast really early on and then my body caught on to what I was doing and stopped.. and then I got pregnant. So, here we go again. 5 down, 20 to go to be pre-Joseph again. :)