Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So proud of myself!

Yesterday was a crazy day here, as all Mondays are. I have a workout class for 2 hours in the morning, it's early out day, it's scouts day (which I always forget!!) and now my kids have swimming lessons at 5:30. So, yesterday while the kids were at school I had to go shopping for new sheets--shopko had an awesome 50% off sale so I got really nice sheets for a good price! Then while I was picking the kids up Joe called and asked me to run an errand for him in Provo then I had to run home and get homework and chores done and get the kids ready for swimming lessons. We got to swim lessons and the older boys and I ran/worked out while the younger boys swam and when lessons were over we decided to stay and play raquetball until 7. Do you see where I'm going with this? I had neglected to put dinner in the crockpot and by 7 we were all starving. We went to burger king for dinner and I got----a grilled chicken salad! I didn't even sneak a single french fry, even though we ended up throwing a bunch away! They smelled so delicious and I was surrounded by them, I even had to pick them up to give them to my kids and I still resisted temptation! Woohoo! It was hard but I really wanted that point for "no fried foods"

2 comments:

Julie said...

You're awesome, Sandra! I'm seriously kicking my own bum over here, trying to keep up with you! :)

Sandra said...

Knowing that I have to fess up to you all makes a world of difference to me! Also, I'm not starving all the time like I have been in the past when I tried other "healthy lifestyles". The first two weeks are usually brutal with hunger but I'm trying so hard to listen to my body and to nourish it properly. I'm struggling not to stress eat today, my kids are driving me crazy! And I was really hungry a few hours after lunch. It would have been so easy to grab something chocolatey or sweet but instead I ate a banana and a chicken sandwich minus one bun and a string cheese. Not something I would normally pick on a "diet" but something good for me that calmed the raging monster I was becoming dealing with my kids school issues!